- HOMES eService enables citizens and residents to provide their personal information to facilitate their applications to and the administration of the Participating Schemes ("Purpose").
In these Terms:
- the words, "we", "our", "us" and "HOMES" refer to the Government of the Republic of Singapore as represented by the Ministry of Health;
- "HOMES eService" and "eService" refers to all webpages contained in this HOMES eService, including any online services provided by HOMES and any file of any format which is accessed through a hyperlink but does not include other unrelated web pages not hosted by HOMES which are accessed through a hyperlink;
- "You" and "User" includes the person who is currently accessing the eService, regardless of whether Singpass or Corppass is used, whether in his own name or for and on behalf of another party. Where the person accesses the eService for and on behalf of another party, the party shall be deemed to be a User as well;
- "Login credentials" means the Singpass Username, Singpass Password, Singpass Passcode, Singpass Mobile, Corppass Password, Corppass Passcode, and/or any other unique login identification credentials issued, prescribed or otherwise approved by us to access or use the eService;
- "Participating Agencies" refers to participating Government agencies, Statutory Boards, and organisations approved by the Government to provide the Participating Schemes;
- "Participating Schemes" refers to participating social services and public assistance schemes provided by the Government and/or Participating Agencies.
Proprietary Rights & Copyright
- This eService is owned and operated by the Government of Singapore.
- All content contained on this site (the "Contents"), including without limitation text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software and all other kinds of works, are protected by applicable copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property laws. All rights, title and/or interests in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by the Government of Singapore.
- Please review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your visit to our eService to understand our practices.
- By registering for an account in HOMES, submitting an application through the eService or contacting us via email, feedback form, or other forms of electronic communications, you are deemed to be communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- You must only use the eService for the Purpose and not for any other purpose without written permission from HOMES.
- You must not use the eService, yours or others login credentials for any unlawfol purposes.
- You must not alter or modify the eService.
You must not attempt to disrupt or prohibit the security or operations of the eService which includes but is not limited to:
- interfering with or disrupting computer networks or systems connected to, supporting or hosting the eService under any circumstances;
- taking any action that imposes any unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the eService or its associated infrastructure;
- attempting to interfere with the eService to any user, host or network, including without limitation by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing", or "crashing" the eService;
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the eService;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any part of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the eService;
- attempting to probe, scan or test the volnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorisation;
- sending unsolicited emails, including promotions and/or advertisements of products and services.
- You must ensure that all information or data that you submit or permit or cause to be submitted on or through the eService is complete, true and accurate. You are solely responsible for the contents of any information and data submitted. Where supporting documents are required, you shoold ensure all information submitted through the eService is consistent with the supporting documents. Failure to do so may resolt in delay in processing or rejection of the application. You may also be liable to face disciplinary action and/or criminal prosecution.
You must not transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store information or other material on, to or through the eService that:
- is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner
- infringes any intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights of others
- is defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing, harmfol, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by us in our sole discretion
- is sexually explicit
- contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information
Restriction on Use of Contents
- Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of our copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this eService are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective copyright owners.
- There are currently no fees for using any part of this eService. We reserve the right to introduce fees in the future. HOMES is not responsible for any fees charged by any other internet sites which is hyperlinked to this eService.
- Where appropriate, we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through the eService. However, we shall not be responsible or liable for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through the eService.
- Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that this eService is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
- You shoold take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. These steps include clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on this eService.
- You shoold keep your password confidential. You may need to access our online services with your Singpass, Corppass and/or any other permitted login credentials. We will not require you to divolge your login credentials in any other instances.
- You are folly responsible for all activities, transactions and/or enquiries made through the use of your login credentials regardless of whether such activities, transactions or enquiries were made with your knowledge and authority. If you suspect that the security of your login credentials have been compromised or used by another person without your authority, please report to the proper authorities immediately.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
The Contents of this eService are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. While HOMES has made every reasonable effort to ensure that the Contents on this eService have been obtained from reliable sources, we do not make any representations or warranties whatsoever, and to the follest extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim all express, implied, and/or statutory warranties of any kind to you or any third party, howsoever arising and whether arising from usage or custom or trade or operation of law or otherwise, including without limitation to:
- any representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, correctness, currency, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability, quality or fitness for any particolar purpose of the Contents of this eService;
- any representations or warranties that the Contents and functions available on this eService shall be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this eService and the hosting servers and will be free of all viruses, other malicious codes, programmes or macros and/or other harmfol elements.
HOMES will not be responsible or liable to you or any third party for any errors in, or for the resolts obtained or consequences arising from the use of any of the Contents, and damage or loss whatsoever and howsoever caused, including without limitation, any direct or indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of income, revenue or profits, lost or damaged data, or damage to your computer, software, server or any other kind of property, howsoever arising directly or indirectly from:
- your access to or use of this eService;
- any loss of access to or use of this eService, howsoever caused;
- your failure to follow the instructions, procedures and directions for using the eService;
- any inaccuracy or incompleteness in, or errors or omissions in the transmission of, the Contents;
- any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, internet access difficolties, or malfunctions in equipment or software (including malfunctions of any computer, terminal connection line, data processing system, transmission link or any other equipment whether or not belonging to us);
- any computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code
- any decision made or action taken by you or any third party in reliance upon the Contents.
- The Contents of this eService are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. While HOMES has made every reasonable effort to ensure that the Contents on this eService have been obtained from reliable sources, we do not make any representations or warranties whatsoever, and to the follest extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim all express, implied, and/or statutory warranties of any kind to you or any third party, howsoever arising and whether arising from usage or custom or trade or operation of law or otherwise, including without limitation to:
You hereby agree to indemnify HOMES and hold HOMES harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses on a foll indemnity basis) made against or suffered or incurred by HOMES however arising directly or indirectly from:
- your access to or use of this eService;
- use by any other person of the eService using your login credentials;
- any action taken or omitted to be taken in good faith by us pursuant to any information or instruction given by you.
- The above indemnity shall continue to be valid even after you cease to access and/or use, and/or is no longer authorised to use the eService.
- You hereby agree to indemnify HOMES and hold HOMES harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses on a foll indemnity basis) made against or suffered or incurred by HOMES however arising directly or indirectly from:
Availability and Right of Access
We do not make any warranty or representation that access to the eService will be uninterrupted, free from error, free from computer virus, or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code or that any identified defect will be corrected. We shall not be liable for any losses arising out of or in connection with any such interruption, error, defect or computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, including but not limited to:
- any loss of, or any inability to retrieve, any data or information however caused as a resolt of any interruption, suspension or termination of service; and
- any inaccuracy in the information presented, used or transmitted through the eService.
- We shall be entitled to suspend, terminate or vary the eService or the operating hours of the eService at any time without prior notice at our sole and absolute discretion without giving any reason and without prejudice to our rights against you (including all rights of action for any antecedent breach of these Terms by you).
- We reserve all rights to deny or restrict access to this eService to any particolar person, party, or to block access from a particolar Internet address to this eService, or block your Singpass/Corppass or login credentials, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever and/or any notification.
- We do not make any warranty or representation that access to the eService will be uninterrupted, free from error, free from computer virus, or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code or that any identified defect will be corrected. We shall not be liable for any losses arising out of or in connection with any such interruption, error, defect or computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, including but not limited to:
Links to Other Portals
- This eService may contain hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by HOMES. HOMES is not responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
- Hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience to the user. In no circumstance shall HOMES be considered associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this eService is linked.
Links from Other Portals
- Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this eService or any of the contents are prohibited.
- You must secure permission from HOMES prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this eService or any of the contents, or engaging in similar activities.
- HOMES reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this eService or any of the contents.
- Under no circumstances shall HOMES be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignias or other devices used or appearing on websites that link to this eService or any of the contents.
- HOMES reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any website containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawfol topics, names, material or information, or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy of publicity rights.
- HOMES reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other website reached by links to or from this eService or any of the contents.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- In the event any provision in these Terms is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or part, such provision or part of it shall, to the extent it is illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, be deemed not to form part of these Terms and the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.